CYPRESS, CA – Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. (Toyo Tires®) is proud to announce the addition of F-load range tires to the brand’s popular Open Country line of light truck products. The new, higher carrying capacity tires were developed to meet the needs of late model truck owners and dealers. Available in the Open Country M/T; Open Country R/T; and Open Country A/T II tires, sizes include 35x12.50R20LT, 33X12.50R18LT and 37X12.50R22LT.
F-load range tires allow for higher carrying capacity at a higher inflation pressure compared to tires of the same size with an E-load range. These new tires address the increase in payload and towing capacity of today’s trucks, giving owners the freedom to personalize the look and style of their vehicles with a tire that is properly load rated.
“At Toyo Tires we are committed to creating innovative products and solutions to address the needs and expectations of the off-road community and specialty dealers,” said Conrad Galamgam, senior director of Product Planning, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. “These new F-load range tires enable truck owners to get the tire performance and look they desire, while meeting or exceeding the load-carrying requirements of their trucks.”
Toyo Tires is offering the following Open Country tires and sizes in F-load range. Find a dealer and learn more at toyotires.com/opencountry.
Open Country M/T
37X12.50R22LT (Coming Soon)
Open Country R/T
Open Country A/T II
Toyo Tires encourages dealers and owners to review this Tire Replacement Checklist.
- Confirm that the load-carrying capacity is greater than or equal to the load carrying capacity of the OE tire size at the pressure indicated on the vehicle Tire Information Placard.
- Carefully note any differences between recommendations for front and rear axle positions regarding the tire size and/ or inflation pressure.
- The speed rating must be equal to or greater than what is specified by the vehicle manufacturer if the speed capability of the vehicle is to be maintained.
- Tires should be mounted on approved wheel widths. If changing tire sizes, check to make sure the wheel has adequate load and inflation pressure capacity.
- Body and chassis clearance must be checked on the vehicle’s front and rear axles.
- Proper spacing between dual tires is necessary for optimum tire performance. If chains are used, particular care must be taken to assure adequate clearance between loaded tires to avoid damage from the chains. The allowable outside diameter difference between a tire and its dual mate is 1/4” (6.4 mm) for light truck tires.
About Toyo Tires®
Established in 1966, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. represents the innovation, quality, performance, and excellent service that Toyo Tires has delivered worldwide for 70 years. The company offers a full line of premium tires for nearly every vehicle including light trucks, SUVs, crossovers, sports cars, luxury cars and hybrids as well as commercial trucks. Many of the tires are built in the United States at their state-of-the-art factory in White, Georgia. To find the right tire for your vehicle as well as an authorized dealer, visit www.toyotires.com. Be sure to join the Toyo Tires community on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.